Dear Wrist Watch Manufacturers of The World,
I am writing to ask a question that has been perplexing me for years. Where are all the stylish DIGITAL wrist watches for women?
Please don’t direct me to regular watches with hands on them. I’m 38 and can stare at that tiny damn thing for 3 minutes while counting by fives and still get it wrong. By the time I figure out the minutes I’ve forgotten the hour. Who wants to guess whether it’s :03 or :04? I want to know for sure and a stubby hand kinda gesturing in the general direction of what could be any of two or three possible o’clocks is not cutting it for me.
Don’t get me started on people who give the time by saying “half past” or “quarter ’til”. I’m pretty sure you are now talking to me in fractions and unless you are going to draw a rectangle and color-shade it for me, this means nothing. I got 1200 on my SATs and have a Masters degree (from a college I won’t name for fear they will be bombarded with letters asking why they graduated an adult that couldn’t tell time), so I am not completely incompetent. I am however clock-face-challenged and therefore prefer to wear a digital watch.
You would think in this day and age of high fashion on a shoestring, Kohl’s and Etsy that a girl could find a digital watch that had these qualities at a minimum:
1. No rubber-like materials or neon colors. I had jelly shoes in the 80s. I’m over it.
2. Does not have a huge face. Flavor Flav isn’t pulling it off and neither can I.
3. Is considerably smaller than a 19080s calculator watch and doesn’t look like something that Mrs. Robocop would wear. Pretty Straightforward
4. No arm hair pinching expansion band. I have one of these now and am not a she-wolf, so it isn’t a complete deal breaker, but c’mon, we all know the expansion band doesn’t help the plight of ‘man wrist’ any (see number 5 below) and is it so hard to make a nice bracelet or hinged band for me?
5. Doesn’t give me ‘man wrist’. This is similar to man hands but higher up on the arm. I bite my nails so this thing needs to be dainty and feminine to prove without a doubt from the elbow down that I am indeed a female.
Is this too much to ask? I can find hundreds of smart people’s watches I like. Is it so hard to make it in a remedial model? I am sure there are more of us out there. Please help!
Desperate for Digital