I was recently nominated for an award (The Liebster Award) by my fellow blogger and cyber friend Courtney Conover who blogs over at The Brown Girl With Long Hair. Courtney’s blog talks about everything from Parenting, to Kids, to her experience as an NFL wife and of course her hair (check out the picture on her blog and you will see that she does have some awesome hair — said by nearly hairless me). I recently read a post about how she used one of her husband’s giant t-shirts as an Unlikely Placemat to protect their kitchen table from spaghetti-geddon and thought (based on the photo) that the Cars placemat was an emblem on her husband’s t-shirt. We all had a laugh since I was curious what a former Detroit Lion was doing wearing a Cars t-shirt. I’ve seen pictures of him and it didn’t quite fit. Anyway, hers is one of the few blogs I subscribe to so that I get all the posts in my inbox because they always put a smile on my face.
Back to the award… I Googled immediately to see if I would need to make a red carpet appearance to accept this award and was happy to find that I can accept it right from the comfort of my own home. So here it goes…First, the Liebster is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers — typically newer bloggers that don’t have 40,000 followers yet. When you accept it, it requires a little work (a post like this one) and then you get to pay it forward to some of your favorite new bloggers as well as those who have been very supportive of your blog. I’m thinking blog chain letter with benefits :o)
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post which includes the following:
*Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
*Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
*Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
*Write 11 random facts about yourself.
*Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
*Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
*Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees who accept the award to answer:
1. Olivia Pope or Jack Bauer?
2. Cake or Pie?
3. Manicure or Pedicure?
4. Which is worse – cleaning up blood or cleaning up vomit?
5. Facial hair on men: lots, well manscaped or clean shave?
6. Heels (if yes, how many inches) or flats?
7. Fourth of July or New Years?
8. Christmas or Thanksgiving?
9. Kale or Broccoli?
10. Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?
11. Gluten or Gluten-Free?
Lastly, here are Courtney’s 11 questions for me, followed by 11 random facts about me:
1. Beach or mountains? Mountains (but I love them both)
2. Car or SUV? SUV (I guess since I drive one –– I don’t have a strong opinion on this one as long as it runs)
3. Back in the day before reality TV took over…MTV or VH-1? VH-1 (I liked the videos, and VH-1 had more of that)
4. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
5. Bagel or donut? Donut all the way. Bagels are just a way for me to transfer peanut butter or cream cheese into my body
6. Shower or bath? Shower – I don’t like to marinate in my own funk water
7. Jean cut-offs or denim skirt? Neither – I am more of a capris girl
8. Colonial or ranch?Cottage/Bungalow :o) (even though we live in a colonial right now)
9. CDs or radio? CDs/iPod (I am impatient with songs I don’t want to listen to and commercials but too lazy to channel surf)
10. Riding boots or ankle boots? Ankle – sadly riding boots would probably come up to my crotch, though I like them on other people
11. Beer or wine? Wine all the way – cheap is fine
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I am an anti-hoarder. I love throwing things away and probably do it too much.
2. There are certain words that disgust me including (and it pains me to even type them)…stool, nugget, loaf and moist
3. I like almost all foods EXCEPT sweet potatoes. I will eat them, but not because I like them.
4. I subscribe to 2 magazines — Real Simple and Food Network Magazine
5. My 3 favorite movies are Jaws, Home Alone and Titanic — nothing obscure or cool for me
6. I LOVE movies and used to see all of the best picture Oscar nominated movies before I had kids and can never get to the theater
7. I convince myself every few years that I can eat movie popcorn with movie ‘butter’ without dying and then I eat it, die and repeat the process a few years later.
8. I DVR several shows religiously to watch during nap time (Fashion Police, Scandal, Nashville, Wendy Williams (just for the hot topics), Certain QVC shows (mostly fashion))
9. My daughter’s middle name is Reese because I have a little bit of a Reese Witherspoon obsession
10. I bite my nails
11. The veins on the back of one of my hands form a heart shape
Thanks again to Courtney for nominating me. I have to go sign autographs now…